PROJECT TITLE | OPTRAM Railway Infrastructure Management (ORIM)
PROJECT ROLE | Program Management Office ORIM implementation support
CLIENT | Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
OBJECTIVE | To implement ORIM for the track and structures (TRST) units of WMATA for preventive and corrective maintenance of their structures.
SCOPE | To provide project management, quality assurance and quality compliance solutions for ORIM implementation and technology integration activities with other WMATA core systems as part of the Information Technology Renewal Program.
ANGARAI worked with Bentley Systems in assisting and implementing ORIM project focusing on the project management discipline from project planning, execution, monitoring and control to closure.
ANGARAI supported the ORIM implementation by providing project management and technical support services that included:
1. Facilitation of meetings with various customer entities within WMATA including Track & Structures, Rail Operations and IT to ensure understanding and communications between affected departments.
2. Development of the database architecture for the integration of OPTRAM and Maximo.,
3. Facilitation of Inter-Operability activities including Maximo and PeopleSoft Touch-points.
4. Performed a project management overview and evaluation for WMATA and provided recommendations on project effectiveness between WMATA and Bentley Systems.
5. Conceived, designed, developed and implemented the reporting features in OPTRAM to meet WMATA-specific needs.
6. Facilitated discussions between the user community and OPTRAM in the areas of lateral load, geometric loading, rail installation, tile installation and fastener installation.