PROJECT TITLE | Program Management Services - Capital Improvement Program
PROJECT ROLE | Program Management Office, Capital improvement Program Oversight
CLIENT | Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)
OBJECTIVE | To assist WMATA to bring the assets into a "state of good repair" through effective planning, management and execution of Capital Improvement Program (CIP), that consists of acceleration of the Infrastructure Renewal Program (IRPG).
SCOPE | To provide Program Management support to planning, managing and executing the WMATA's Capital Improvement Program (CIP) by delivering the program-wide and project-specific professional services in the following disciplines:
1. Program Management
2. Budget administration
3. Asset planning
4. Contract management support
5. Engineering & technical support services
6. Program construction planning
7. QA/QC support
In the recent years, ridership and frequent usage of the transit options has substantially increased above predicted levels and thus increased the rate of asset degradation. To bring the assets into a "state of good performance", WMATA's current six-year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) is primarily supporting "Performance Projects".
These projects maintain and replace WMATA assets on a life cycle basis and promote safety and reliability by preserving the current levels of service for greater efficiency by taking advantage of the latest technologies and materials. ANGARAI is working with Parsons Brinckerhoff to provide program Management services in planning, management and implementation of the associated CIP projects.
As a member of a consulting team, ANGARAI's staff is providing key management services support on various projects under CIP including, but not limited to:
1. Providing construction management and engineering support in executing CIP projects -preparing scope, cost estimates for CIP projects, facilitating scope meeting, reviewing proposals, establishing authority positions and providing technical expertise to the office of Contract administration. The work undertaken was renovation of the OB line section of the rail transit system and the bus Maintenance Facility Rehabilitation contract (Bus1).
2. Providing scheduling technical support to assist Office of Rail Operations Scheduling (ROSC); training to Metro personnel in using Trapeze software.
3. Delivering contract administration services in CIP projects at all phases of the contract beginning from RFP preparation, reviewing proposals, developing selection criteria, and coordinating with contractors in executing the contract.
4. Providing construction inspection services in various CIP projects including the preparation of daily on-site construction inspection service, checking contractor's work and compliance with WMATA standards and specifications.